ADSM-L

Re: Collocation problem

2000-02-15 10:41:52
Subject: Re: Collocation problem
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:41:52 -0500
I don't know who told you this, but it is NOT true at all.
It is very normal for ADSM to have multiple nodes on the same tape, even
with collocation on.

For instance, we have a tape library with 150 tapes available for the
primary storage pool, and 450 clients.
We set MAXSCRATCH in the storage pool to 150.
That means ADSM must put 3 clients on each tape.

This is NOT the cause of your I/O errors.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert