ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape Libraries

2000-02-10 19:03:48
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape Libraries
From: Simon Watson <simon.s.watson AT SHELL.COM DOT BN>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:03:48 +0800
>I'd be interested to know Simon (if you know) why IBM said not to touch
>it as this is contrary to the advice we have been given by IBM in UK?

Sheelagh,

I was informed by IBM that it was an IBM CE job to maintain, and that
we should not touch it.  Basically we should treat it not as another
computer, but as any other normal piece of hardware like a tape drive.
This was fine with me, however I think it is about time we asked a few
questions about how it is setup, and what redundancy features are
included.

Regards,
Simon