ADSM-L

Re: How to tell tape lifespan

2000-02-02 10:14:27
Subject: Re: How to tell tape lifespan
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:14:27 -0500
At 07:50 AM 2/2/2000 -0500, Richard Sims wrote:
>>Is there any way to manually reset the mount number to 0.
>
>If there was a way, it should be in the Update Volume command, but
>alas it provides no way to reset statistics.  Looks like the only
>way to reset would be a harmless Checkout-Checkin sequence.
>    Richard Sims, BU

I don't think checkout/checkin will reset the mount count.  The mount and
pass counts are associated with the volume, not the libvol.

I think you would have to delete the volume and redefine it to reset the
counters, which of course would mean that you'd have to move all data off
of the volume first.

..Paul