ADSM-L

Can not checkin tapes in ADSM

2000-01-30 22:46:43
Subject: Can not checkin tapes in ADSM
From: Kunal Chakravorty <kunalc AT PRTH.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:46:43 +0800
Hi Gurus,

We are trying to checkin 3590 tapes in ADSM. But when we issue the command
checkin eg., "checkin libv 3494 D00510 devtype=3590 status=scratch"  we get the
following error message:

ANR8353E 047: I/O error reading label of volume in drive RMT11 (/dev/rmt11)
 and the ATL (3494) library through the tape out  from the library.

I checked the error message from the manual- which says:-

ANR8353E request number: I/O error reading label of volume in drive drive name.
Explanation: ADSM detects an error while reading the volume label from the
volume in the specified
drive.
System Action: The volume is ejected, and the server continues to wait for the
requested volume to be
mounted.
User Response: Ensure the following:

     The requested volume is properly inserted in the designated drive.
     The volume has been labeled by using the DSMLABEL utility program before
you attempt to
     use it with the server.
     The DEVICE parameter associated with the drive is identified correctly in
the DEFINE DRIVE
     command, and the drive is currently powered on and ready.

I checked the drives, they are ok. Tried to do the same by using command
"dmslabel" from unix prompt (dsmlabel -library=/dev/lmcp0 -drive=/dev/rmt9
-search). But here the command shows error like "ANR0000E Error reading message
repository for language AMENG". DSM_DIR and DSM_CONFIG are defined ok. All the
repository for language AMENG". DSM_DIR and DSM_CONFIG are defined ok. All the
files and eng language directories are also correctly defined.

I do not know what is going wrong. We are  running ADSM/TSM server version
3.1.2, Client: 3.1.20 in AIX 4.2.1 platform.

Could you please let me know how to solve this ADSM tape checkin problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kunal