ADSM-L

Re: Reenv.: Re: Root user using ADSM

1999-12-13 18:33:58
Subject: Re: Reenv.: Re: Root user using ADSM
From: Michael Lightfoot <michael.lightfoot AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:33:58 +1000
You can restrict a command to "dsmc backup <rest of command>" so that no
restores are possible.  You could restrict restores in a similar manner.  I have
set sudo up so that operators could perform simple actions - backup, shutdown,
etc from a menu of sudo commands.

Sudo also does its own auditing (to another machine if you like), so you can
tell who done what.

m.

"Alan R. White" <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK> on 14/12/99 08:00:17