ADSM-L

Bad microcode for 3590 B drives

1999-11-02 14:51:03
Subject: Bad microcode for 3590 B drives
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:51:03 -0500
Hi,
  We just upgraded our 3590 microcode from EC D19327 LL 97BF to EC F23254 LL
A429 and boy were we sorry.  Under the previous version of the microcode, a
mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -x drive_serial_number -q D gave an indication that a
tape had reached its load point  by removing the "Volume is loaded."
message.  Under the new version of microcode, there's no indication at all -
the "Volume is loaded." message persists whether the tape is at the load
point or not.  Broke a critical script we use to cpio put the device
configuration and volume history files. So we went back to EC D19327 LL
97BF...

Jim