ADSM-L

Re: 3590B1A -> 3590E1A - Repairing VCR data

1999-10-29 10:26:57
Subject: Re: 3590B1A -> 3590E1A - Repairing VCR data
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:26:57 -0600
     Richard,
     I was one of the ones who had the problem, unfortunately I read the
     readme for release 3.1.2.40 of adsm, an excerpt of that readme
     follows.
     Configurations:

     Device Driver level:  Atape.4.4.0.0
     (ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/devdrvr/AIX)

     Microcode level:
             3590E - EC F23200 D01C_502

     I showed this to my CE when we were upgrading the drives and they
     installed this level of microcode which produced the VCR error
     problem.
     Jim Sporer

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    10/29/99 7:45 AM

I'm curious as to how many sites had their IBM CEs spontaneously apply the
corrective C747 3590 microcode at 3590E install time, based upon existing and
previously installed drives vs. how many sites had to run into the problem and
then go looking for a solution?
    Richard Sims, BU