ADSM-L

Reporting Tools

1999-10-13 12:55:05
Subject: Reporting Tools
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:55:05 -0400
A little flurry of activity on the list regarding how various folks are
tracking / reporting ADSM activity. Someone mentioned SAMS Vantage in an
earlier append. There are two variations of the SAMS product. The ADSM
Edition does what it says.... Collect and report on data related to ADSM
activity both at the server side and detailed info about each client backup
session. The other variation called Network Edition gives you the ability to
monitor all of the local disk on each of your servers that is a SAMS Vantage
client. So from a single pain of glass you can monitor ADSM backup activity
and also view reports / graphs  of disk capacity, occupancy, aging, trends
etc. Nice. We don't have all of it setup the way we would like it yet but
it's pretty easy to get a picture of whats going on and drill down to lower
levels of detail.

Probably with the right combination of Tivoli Products you can do the same
thing. Haven't looked to close at that. We have been running BMC Patrol but
will be switching to Tivoli so I need to see what the total suite of
products would offer.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin
Enterprise Information Systems