ADSM-L

Client hang

1999-10-05 11:55:14
Subject: Client hang
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:55:14 -0600
Howdy, we are running ADSM server for NT 3.1.2.0 and have a mix of clients,
mostly, 3.1.0.3. We have seen about three occurences in the past caouple of
months where something happens inside the tape library, mainly a tape won't
eject, and our clients simply hang at their last adsm command. We run scripts to
do various backups and they use the dsmc archive command. Is there a way to have
the client cancel a session if there is no response from the server for a period
of time? We need the client to give up on ADSM and continue processing the
script so that other subsystems can be brought up properly...

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources