ADSM-L

Re: scheduler program on clients

1999-10-05 08:02:26
Subject: Re: scheduler program on clients
From: Maporce Ajahko <maporce AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:02:26 GMT
Thanks Moodley,
Any idea of NT client.  which program and how to run it?

Thanks,
Maporce

From: Moodley Desigan        * Datavia <DesiganM AT Datavia.co DOT za>
To: "'Maporce Ajahko'" <maporce AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:30:36 +0200

Hello

You need to go through those installation notes that usually come with the
clients. For unix clients, you basically have to put the dsmc sched command
in the inittab (vi /etc/inittab). For win 95/98, put the command in the
programs->startup folder. For win nt, it needs to be installed as a service
using the dsmcutil utility that comes with the client or for win client
3.1.0.7 and above, this is done automatically, all you need to do is start
the service the first time.

For aix for example the line in the inittab would be:
xadsm:2:respawn:/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmc sched -password=pass

every time the box starts up, it is executed. Every time it is killed, it
will automatically startup.

Hope this helps.

Desigan Moodley
Systems Support Storage
Datavia South Africa
* DesiganM AT Datavia.co DOT za <mailto:DesiganM AT Transnet.co DOT za>