ADSM-L

Users cannot access their data

1999-09-30 08:57:58
Subject: Users cannot access their data
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:57:58 +0200
Hi,

I just experienced a strange behaviour:
We're running server version 3.1.2.40 on AIX 4.2.1 and client
version 3.1.0.6. The users' home directories are mounted
via NFS onto the ADSM server where root is running the
backups. Now I want to make it possible for the users
to restore their own files. I wrote a script using ssh and
sudo to run the dsmc program under the ID of the user.
The strange behaviour is that some users can see their
backed up files and others not. When I run a query
backup command with sudo, some userids get the message
"ANS1092E No files matching search criteria found"
and others not.
All files are visible when I do the query as root. Some
users are able to see their own files and others not.

Any hints are appreciated.
Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany