ADSM-L

Re: 3494 tape library manually tape mount

1999-09-20 07:38:46
Subject: Re: 3494 tape library manually tape mount
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:38:46 +0200
Hi Eric,

I just did it some hours ago. No actions were required on the ADSM
server side.

One observation I made was: When the mount request showed up at the
ADSM console, it took several minutes until it appeared in the "Manual
mode control window" (don't remember the exact denotation) on the 3494
console. I always waited until it was on the 3494 console. After mounting
the volume, no other actions were required. The 3494 detected that the
volume was mounted and so did the ADSM server. The mount request
disappeared from the 3494 console. I would look there: Is the mount
request still shown? Perhaps simply unmount the volume and mount it again?

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet