ADSM-L

Re: Performance degradation on DLT tapes

1999-09-06 09:11:48
Subject: Re: Performance degradation on DLT tapes
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:11:48 -0300
Dear Nathan,

> Like ADSM Server Platform and Version. What type of hardware? Are you
> backing up straight to tape? or are you migrating from a disk buffer?

ADSM Server Platform: Windows NT sp4
ADSM Version:   3.1.2.40
Backup: Straight to tape.

> I did have a DLT throughput issue once with ADSM V3 on Windows NT and found
> the culprit to be a bad SCSI driver. I updated the SCSI drivers.

I also have a low performance writing on an IBM 3595 with 2 optical drives: 0.3
MB/s; that is why I decided to do my backup on DLT tapes.

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira - abicas AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
   Sao Paulo:    (11) 3040-1960
                 Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106
                 CEP 04552-050 - Sco Paulo - SP