ADSM-L

Mute Macintosh and ADSM

1999-08-11 13:00:33
Subject: Mute Macintosh and ADSM
From: Tom Klingman <tgk5 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:00:33 -0400
I've noticed that my users on Mac OS 8.1 or 8.5.1 that use the
SCHEDcompleteaction Shutdown command in the prefs file have their sound
muted after ADSM executes and their Macs shutdown.  I suspect that ADSM is
calling the Energy Saver control panel/extension and is somehow not using
the prefs file correctly.  The ADSM administrators at my University are
contacting IBM about this but I wonder if other Mac users using this
particular command are also experiencing this problem???

Thanks!

Tom Klingman
tgk5 AT cornell DOT edu