ADSM-L

ADSM v3.1 and a Win95 client

1999-08-04 15:27:20
Subject: ADSM v3.1 and a Win95 client
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:27:20 -0400
For a user workstation(win95), I installed ADSM.
To 'schedule' backups of this client, would it be recommended to put the
DSMC.EXE SCHED in the win95 startup. As long as that SCHED session is active,
then my ADSM schedule will be able to talk to it. I have schedmode PROMPTED on
the client opt file.

If I use POLLING on the client, I still need to have DSMC.EXE SCHED running on
the client...correct?? Then the client will talk to the ADSM server
according to the polling interval I set  using RETRYPERIOD...