ADSM-L

Re: adsm tape device problem on Windows NT

1999-08-04 14:47:56
Subject: Re: adsm tape device problem on Windows NT
From: Leonid Sirotinsky <lsirotinsky AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:47:56 +0200
Dear Burak.

I think that you can't change the situation.
I'd like to send you the following explanation.

From IBM's Manual:

How ADSM Uses Sequential Access Devices.

4.  Dismounts the volume from the drive when it has finished accessing the
volume.

        If the library is manually operated, the server simply ejects the
volume from the drive so that a mount operator can place it in an
appropriate
        storage location.

        If the library is user-defined, the server ejects the volume from
the drive and invokes the dismount exit program. The dismount exit program
can
        perform any cleanup tasks required by the media management system.

        If the library is automated, the server utilizes appropriate OS/400
commands to move the volume from the drive back to its original storage slot
in
        the library.

Best Regards,

Leonid.
Leonid Sirotinsky
> AS/400 Systems Administrator
> Israel Airports Authority
> Ben-Gurion Airport
>       http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il
>
>       Tel : 972-3-9710172
>       Mobil: 972-53-204-257
>       Email : lsirotinsky AT iaa.gov DOT il

***** Disclaimer *****
This file has been scanned for viruses.
Any files attached and opened by you are at your own risk !! Remember, the
Israel Airports Authority is NOT responsible for any damage or destruction
caused by files sent to you and opened.
For information regarding scanning files attached to this email, contact 2772.