ADSM-L

Dumped from list

1999-08-03 18:24:47
Subject: Dumped from list
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:24:47 EDT
Some of you may have been unceremoniously removed from the ADSM-L list
Sunday night, early Monday morning.  (As if the digest problem isn't
enough entertainment....sigh...)  From the logs, it looks like a problem
occured on the Internet very early Monday morning (around 3AM EST) which
caused us to be unable to resolve many DNS names for several hours.  This
prevented us from delivering e-mail to those subscribers.  The errors
this generated were sent back to LISTSERV, who assumed a serious problem
and started removing those addresses from the ADSM-L list.  (It affected
other lists too, but they aren't my problem.)  The situation appears
to have cleared out around 6AM, long before anyone was here to notice.

I have explained what happened to everyone who contacted me about being
dropped.  However, I don't keep up with the postings on the list.  So,
if someone posts a question about this, please pass along the information.
Anyone who was dropped should be able to resubscribe.  If they have
further problems, have them contact me.

Also, to clarify a question that someone asked, I do not bounce people
from the list for comments, etc. unless they are clearly obscene or
inflamatory.  I presume that everyone on this list is a professional and
knows how to conduct themselves.  You definately won't be dropped because
you criticize ADSM or IBM, as long as you keep it professional.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner