ADSM-L

IRIX 6.5 and Automounts

1999-08-02 10:59:38
Subject: IRIX 6.5 and Automounts
From: Aaron Smith <aaron.smith AT CLC.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:59:38 -0400
Okay, here it is.  We have several SGI boxes running IRIX 6.5, and
running ADSM 3.1.0.5.  When the node is being backed up, it will
mount all the automounts, eventhough it won't backup down the
automounts, which is a good thing.  However, if one of those
automounts is geeked, ADSM will hang on that box.  Even when it does
back up, all those automounts are still mounted and we have to wait
the "alloted" time before the automounts drop off.  Does anyone have
and ideas how to run a backup on the SGI without it mounting all of
the automounts?

Thanks

Aaron C. Smith
Aaron C. Smith