ADSM-L

Re: Administrative Client on Windows NT Workstations

1999-08-02 10:26:44
Subject: Re: Administrative Client on Windows NT Workstations
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:26:44 -0400
1.  The admin client is usually installed in the saclient subdirectory.
You must customize the dsm.opt file in that subdirectory to have the correct
TCPSERVERADDRESS.
If you don't it causes the client to start up, prompt for your id and
password, then disappear as you describe.

2. Check the saclient subdirectory for the dsmerror.log file.  It should
have an error message in it describing the problem.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert