ADSM-L

Re: Off-site tape tracking

1999-07-15 14:43:20
Subject: Re: Off-site tape tracking
From: Clint Placette <Clint.Placette AT FDC-INVEST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:43:20 -0400
     Those unclaim tapes could be DB tapes that expired.  Two months ago I
     did a manual inventory and recovered 80 tapes from offsite and 30 from
     the Library.  We are using DRM to.  We had a schedule house cleaning
     command using "delete VolHistory Today=TODAY-Type=ALL".  This cleaned
     out the DB.  Thus the system loss track of the tapes offsite and in
     the Library.