ADSM-L

NT Server security log entries for ADSM service

1999-06-23 21:45:15
Subject: NT Server security log entries for ADSM service
From: "David H. Wentworth" <David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:45:15 -0700
We have ADSM 3.1.0.6 installed as a service on two NT servers, both PDCs
(in two different domains). On one server the security log gets filled with
hundreds if not thousands of "Privilege use" events for each backup. The
other server doesn't show any of these events. Auditing is set the same on
both servers. Here are the event details:

User: ADSMSRVC
Event ID: 578
Source: Security
Type: Success Audit
Category: Privilege use

Does anyone know how I can stop these events from being audited without
turning off auditing altogether? It's working the way we want it on one
server but we can't figure out why.

        Dave

| David Wentworth          | University of California |
| Programmer/Analyst       | Office of the President  |
| E-mail:                  | Information Resources    |
| David.Wentworth AT ucop DOT edu |   & Communications       |