ADSM-L

ORACLE HSM / HISTORICAL FILE PROBLEM

1999-06-24 04:47:18
Subject: ORACLE HSM / HISTORICAL FILE PROBLEM
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:47:18 PDT
Hello ADSMers,

I have a problem migrating the historical tables of
oracle with ADSM/HSM. I know it is not supported by
Oracle neither ADSM/HSM.
Until my tables are online on oracle either someone
is using it or not I cannot migrate the table, giving
error that "file busy". As soon as I put the tables offline
no problem the file is migrated. In this case I need an
administrator to sit there always to put the tables
offline & online. I want is that as soon as the user
stops consulting the table it should migrate the table
i.e tale ONLINE !!!!.

Is there any work around. Any idea will be great help.

Thanks in advance

Arshad Munir