ADSM-L

GUI client VS Command line client performance

1999-06-10 15:37:45
Subject: GUI client VS Command line client performance
From: Ernie Lim <fm AT ERN-E DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:37:45 -0700
Hi,

We just upgraded some of our AIX servers and clients from ADSM version
2.1 to 3.1
Using the command line client to backup a database over 100bt, we are
seeing approximately 3-4 Mbytes/sec. When we use the gui to do this, our

rates start off fast and quickly drop to about 100 Kbytes/sec. I seem to

recall that the version 2 client/server exhibited the same behaviour but

not as bad as what Iam seeing now.
Anyone care to comment

--
Ernie Lim