ADSM-L

Accounting Info to Oracle

1999-06-04 01:28:58
Subject: Accounting Info to Oracle
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT SHELL.COM DOT BN>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:28:58 +0800
Environment:

ADSM V3.1
AIX V4.2.1
Oracle 7.3.4

Does anybody have any scripts/procedures they would like to share to
input the accointing information from ADSM into Oracle, preferably on a
daily basis.  We want to use this to analyse trends, and for chargeback
purposes.

We currently charge based on how much data is stored, although in
reality the hardware design is largely tailored to how much data
changes, and the throughput requirements, so we want to introduce an
element of the charging (probably 50%) to be based on the IO aspects.

I intend to analyse & report on this data using simple Excel Pivot tables.

Regards,
Simon