ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade Server Hardware

1999-05-21 07:15:24
Subject: Re: Upgrade Server Hardware
From: "Helms, William H." <william_h_helms AT MD.NORTHGRUM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:15:24 -0400
We did a very similiar upgrade at our site.  It was surprisingly very
painless. Assuming that you also have some disk devices that you want to
move - make sure you know what volume groups (...and file systems, just in
case) are on which physical devices. You will need to export the volume
groups before you shutdown your old macine, then import them on the new
machine once they are physically connected.  As far as ADSM, make sure you
have a copy of the database, dsmserv.opt, dsmserv.sys, and dsmserv.dsk
available for the new machine.  You will need these for your new copy of
ADSM so you access your old data.  I may still have a check list that I used
available, if you are interested.  You can also call
410-765-7024...........Bill