ADSM-L

Upgrade Server Hardware

1999-05-20 15:01:50
Subject: Upgrade Server Hardware
From: "Lane, Debbie" <Debbie.Lane AT INTERMEC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:01:50 -0700
Our current environment is:     ADSM Server - RS/6000 59H, AIX 4.1.4, ADSM
3.1.2.16
                                3494 Tape Library with two 3590 B1A Tape
heads
                                ADSM Client - AIX 4.3.0 ADSM 3.1.0.5
                                                Backint for AIX 2.2.5.1
                                                SAP 3.1H with 3.1I kernel
Our lease is up on the RS6000 59H and we plan to replace it with an RS6000
H50, at AIX 4.3.1.  We are also going to add an expansion unit to the 3494
with two more 3590 B1a's.
What is the best way to go about this move to the new server?  Can you
suggest any reference material?
Any hints /tips or known gottchas would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Deb
Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.