ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Hi kim,

Here at GE medical system in France  we have now an ADSM server running
on a SUN E450 with SUN/HP/AIX & NT client and Network Appliance
( NFS server ). The librairy is a STK 9710 with 4 DLT7000 . Network is
a 100BaseT TCP/IP completely switched.We have two big performances
issues with ADSM :

   * The first one is with selective backup with file ~10KB of average
     : transfert rate  is 400 kb/s with is very poor when we compare
     the hardware : network, server ( CPU usage is 10% limited for me
     to a bad usage of threads by ADSM  ??? ),\
   * The second one is with recovery : the recovery rate is ~ 1,5
     GB/hour ... so if I want to recover  entirely my NetAPP filer (
     450 GB ) id will need approximatively 2 weeks !

Before having bought ADSM we have made a lot of test with

   * Time navigator made by Quadratec which now integrate
     NDMP protocol,
   * Veritas Netbackup which also integrate NDMP -

For me these two products are the faster one . Our managment has
chosen  ADSM for strategics reasons : globallity with other dept, IBM
label ...

Regards

--