ADSM-L

Specifying the Date

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: Specifying the Date
From: Mark Owens
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All,

To the best of my knowledge, all of the date features in ADSM require you to
specifically code a date. For example, pitdate, fromdate require MM/DD/YY
unless you select a different format. Does anyone know of a way to specify
todays date as a constant? ..... for example date=* ?

date=*       todays date
date=*-1    yesterdays date  .... etc......

I'm interested in "canning" restoration procedures which will run everyday at a
specific time but I don't want to have to change the date. LATEST doesn't
quite satisfy my requirement.