ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Surarit,
     As you can see by the attached diagram, we have a configuration very
similar to you.   I can tell you the maximum theoretical transfer rate.   Here
is what we have calculated:   Our isolated ADSM network contaings, dual Escon
channels - 17.5 MB per second, the 100Mb Ethernet connections between the
Ethernet Switch  (Bay System 5000) and the 7507 Cisco Router yields 12.5MB per
second, and the OC-3 19.375MB per second.   So, theoretically, you could realize
12.5MB per second.   With this configuration we have found that the network is
not the bottleneck.   Believe it or not, the size of the directory on the ADSM
client plays the largest part in the backup/restore process.   (Oh, notice my
numbers are in megabytes not bits.  I tired of translating back and forth.)   If
you'd like any additional information, send a note.
     Lisa