ADSM-L

Re: Backup of NT-Files for which Administrator does not have R/W rights

1999-05-03 09:09:21
Subject: Re: Backup of NT-Files for which Administrator does not have R/W rights
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 06:09:21 -0700
Hello Reinhold,

Yes, ADSM can handle this situation. You need to insure that
ADSM has the following rights:

Backup files and directories
Restore files and directories
Manage auditing and security logs

For testing the ADSM client, I recommend that you use the
latest fixtest for the client, IC22732Q2, available from our
ftp site index.storsys.ibm.com. The directory is
/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/win32/intel.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi folks,

sorry for posting this question again, but it's very important for me to
know an
answer (ADSM is competing against Veritas' NetBackup and I don't like to
see if
ADSM is loosing).

Imagine that a user withdraws administrator read/write rights from his own
files
(so that
he allone is the only user who has any rights to his files). Does ADSM
backup
and restore thos files or not? I think a professional backup tools like
ADSM
should
do so but what is the reality?

TIA

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG