ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Connect Agent question

1999-04-28 07:28:42
Subject: Re: Exchange Connect Agent question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:28:42 -0400
Nathan,

TCPWindowsize is a "normal" ADSM API option.
The comment about "special" Exchange Agent options
should state that the special options start with:

   *EXC_

for example:

   *EXC_MOUNTWait

By the way, "*EXC_MOUNTWait" is the only
"special" Exchange Agent option at this point.

It is used by the ADSM API for its TCP/IP configuration.
As you know, there are a million and a half things that can
affect performance, but you may want to try the following
values for these options in the dsm.opt file.

TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       32

Oh, and take the leading "*" off of the option in order for
the ADSM API to take advantage of it.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> In the dsm.opt file for the ADSM Connect Agent for MS Exchange Server.
> the following is stated.
>
> *======================================================================*
> *                                                                      *
> *      Exchange Agent Extended Options -- Exchange Agent use only      *
> *                                                                      *
> * Note that each of the keywords for these options begins with an *    *
> * which is a comment character for normal ADSM option files. This      *
> * allows us to provide extended options in the options file that       *
> * will be used by the Exchange Agent and ignored by the ADSM API.      *
> *                                                                      *
> *======================================================================*
>
> I noticed that in the installed default dsm.opt that TCPWindowsize also
> begins with an *
>
> I take it this means that the TCPWindowssize has a special meaning to the
> Connect Agent?
>
> If so does anyone know what it's max value is? I'm wondering if by
setting
> the value higher that I could obtain better TCP/IP performance.
>
> If I leave out the * is the option then ignored by the Connect Agent?
>
> I noticed in the Red Book "Using ADSM to back and recover Microsoft
Exchange