ADSM-L

Exchange Connect Agent question

1999-04-27 17:19:11
Subject: Exchange Connect Agent question
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:19:11 -0500
In the dsm.opt file for the ADSM Connect Agent for MS Exchange Server.
the following is stated.

*======================================================================*
*                                                                      *
*      Exchange Agent Extended Options -- Exchange Agent use only      *
*                                                                      *
* Note that each of the keywords for these options begins with an *    *
* which is a comment character for normal ADSM option files. This      *
* allows us to provide extended options in the options file that       *
* will be used by the Exchange Agent and ignored by the ADSM API.      *
*                                                                      *
*======================================================================*

I noticed that in the installed default dsm.opt that TCPWindowsize also
begins with an *

I take it this means that the TCPWindowssize has a special meaning to the
Connect Agent?

If so does anyone know what it's max value is? I'm wondering if by setting
the value higher that I could obtain better TCP/IP performance.

If I leave out the * is the option then ignored by the Connect Agent?

I noticed in the Red Book "Using ADSM to back and recover Microsoft Exchange
Server" that they have left out the *

Nathan

Nathan King
Open Systems Storage Management
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

The opinions herein are mine and almost certainly do not reflect those of my
employer.