ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Connect Agent Backup Slow Throughput

1999-04-16 17:26:09
Subject: Re: Exchange Connect Agent Backup Slow Throughput
From: "Pita, Gene" <PitaG AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:26:09 -0400
Hi Tom,

Yes, I'm backing up these servers simultaneously.  The rates are individual
stream, and they are relatively steady.  For example, with the 4 servers I
get more or less 1400 KB/sec consistent across all 4 streams.  And, when I
add the additional three MS Exchange servers, the streams all drop to 670
KB/sec give or take 20 KB/sec.

I'm in the process of getting a network trace and I will take a look at
iostat/vmstat as Yury suggested.

Do you think this could be a network bandwidth issue?

Thanks.

--Gene