ADSM-L

Re: serious volume problem

1999-04-09 10:42:18
Subject: Re: serious volume problem
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:42:18 +0200
On 09-Apr-99 Richard Sims wrote:
>>  1) If a volume with valid data is deleted from the primary storage pool,
>>     how can I get this data back from the copy storage pool?
>
> Deletion of files from the primary storage pool means instant expiration
> for their images in the copy storage pool - gonzo.

  Ok, good point. But how can I be sure that those (valid) files did
  really expire their images in the copy storage pool? And that they
  really disappear from the primary pool?
  I mean, how can I check that? Yes, maybe I'm suspicious, but I
  do not always believe what ADSM likes me to believe :-(

>>  2) Is there a consistency check between a primary storage pool and his
>>     copy storage pool?
>
> Just Backup Stgpool.

  Hm, that's not what I mean: how can I be sure that all data on the
  copy pool is also on the primary pool? (Well, I suppose Backup Stgpool
  will expire data which is found on the copy pool and which is not found
  on the primary pool)

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have.