ADSM-L

IBM 3494 and Y2K

1999-04-01 02:28:31
Subject: IBM 3494 and Y2K
From: Othmar Weber <OTHMAR.WEBER.OW AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:28:31 +0200
Hi ADSMers!

Doing Y2K investigations I was looking at our IBM 3494's. A request of
Y2K-readyness was answered by IBM: The IBM 3494 is ready!
So for the good news. I took a look at the control unit (command "syslevel" in
service window) of the 3494 and almost all software which is installed there is
not Y2K-ready e.g. OS2 V2.11, DB2 V1 or DCAF 1.3. I informed IBM of that
mismatch but the guys told me that I don't have to care about the software
which is installed on the control unit that's their business.

Unfortunately I don't go on vacations at the rise of the millenium.

Othmar Weber