ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS Help

1999-04-01 03:10:21
Subject: Re: ACSLS Help
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 00:10:21 -0800
I chose to define my ACSLS server in /etc/environment
        ACSLS_SERVER_HOSTNAME=your_server_name_goes_here
or you can modify the rc file that is executed from /etc/inittabs.

Using smit, define the ADSM devices to AIX.

In ADSM define a library and then the drives.  Your acsid will probably be 0
unless you have multiple silos.

adsm> def libr acs1 libt=acsls acsid=1

adsm> define drive acs1 rmt84 device=/dev/rmt84 acsdrvid=1,0,5,0 online=yes
adsm> define drive acs1 rmt85 device=/dev/rmt85 acsdrvid=1,0,5,1 online=yes

adsm> def devclass devcart devt=cart format=drive library=acs1

adsm> def stgpool backuptape devcart pooltype=primary maxscratch=0

... sample commands for labeling or checking in tape volumes

adsm> checkin libv acs1 volrange=210970,210999 search=yes stat=scr checklabel=no
adsm> checkin libv acs1 207808 stat=scr checklabel=no
adsm> label libv acs1 207881 checkin=scr
adsm> label libv acs1 search=yes volrange=211002,211139 checkin=scr

Finally, in the dsmserver directory, you will find the program lbtest which
can be used test your connection.  Select manual mode, then run test 50-59
(If my memory is working).