ADSM-L

Re: ADSM performance with raw locigal volumes

1999-03-24 12:14:59
Subject: Re: ADSM performance with raw locigal volumes
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:14:59 +0100
Hi there,

We have 100Gb of disk stg pool for our primary pools. Under AIX, the
dsmfmt command for
a file that is nearly 100Gb takes more than 12 hours, so I use raw LV for
my primary stg pools.

Of course, I can not increase or reduce their size by adding or removing
a volume, but my
most important consideration is performance. Our disks are SSA 18Gb disks
and we rate
almost 8Mb/s when ADSM does not spend all its time to aggregate files.

For the DB and the LOG, i do not use raw LV because if one day I have a
problem, I want to be
able to copy my even-corrupted-db to another disk and to try to dump it.

Herve

        j.caupain @ AMSTERDAM.NL
        24/03/99 10:50