ADSM-L

Versioning Issue

1999-02-25 10:06:15
Subject: Versioning Issue
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:06:15 -0600
All,
        I have been noticing some question on the list server for problems with
versions kept.  It appears that if you have Versions Data Exists=2 and
Retain Extra Versions=Nolimit then instead of keeping only 2 versions
forever it will keep every version forever (not just 2).  While I have seen
mention of an AIX fix we are running ADSM server on NT, which I have found
no fix for.  Further I have found that switching management classes will
remove the extra versions to the Versions Data Exists of the new management
class but from then on will follow the Retain Extra Versions parameter after
that.  Again changing back to the original management class removes the
extra versions again but again after that the Retain Extra Versions
parameter if followed.

I have 3 questions:
        1) Has anyone or could anyone reproduce this on NT or any other
platform?
        2) Does the AIX fix really work?
        3) Has anyone seen the NT fix or does anyone know when it will be
released?

Thanks,

Kyle Payne
payne AT berbee DOT com - e-mail