ADSM-L

Re: How do you handle time-critical backups?

1999-02-23 16:21:05
Subject: Re: How do you handle time-critical backups?
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:21:05 +1000
Doesn't ADSM have an Oracle agent? If so, use that.

If the database is that important then you'd be better off having a 2nd
database machine for such disasters. It may not have the processing power,
but at least give it the same disk capacity. You can keep the second box in
sync with the production box by using some form of replication. Failing
that, set up a few scripts to dump the production db to the second box and
do a restore each evening. Trust me, we been there and nothing.. absolutely
nothing.. beats hot on-line storage for quick recovery. Of  course, we run
ADSM for extra backups.

Shane