ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:38
>How do I avoid this problem in the future? Is there *any* platform which
>supports dual-write or mirrored tape (I could do this on GCOS-3 15 years ago
>. . .)?

What about the IBM3494? Our unit has two drives and so we get two copies of our
ADSM backups. Problem is that it doesn't stop garbage-in, garbage-out only
mitigates
against media failure.

Wouldn't a better approach be to get the Oracle agent and use that for doing
*on-line*
backups through the week? At least that way you've got more time points to
choose
from for your restore.

Just a few small thoughts....

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_04kDf9ZhyO2FEkilDA7PPQ)--