ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Oracle Startup/Shutdown on DEC UNIX client

1973-08-14 10:54:18
Subject: Re: ADSM/Oracle Startup/Shutdown on DEC UNIX client
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:13:18 +22300819
Another suggestion (and I'm not an Oracle DBA, so YMMV):  we wind
up putting our Oracle dbs into a "backup" state (via a separate
cron job, since ADSM presched won't wait), and then using a
postschedule after the ADSM backup to bring 'em back "live" -
this means that the databases stay accessible.  Or so they tell
me.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu