ADSM-L

Re: Backing up a server through a firewall

1999-01-22 10:06:47
Subject: Re: Backing up a server through a firewall
From: "Dusedau, Stefan" <Stefan.Dusedau AT VIACOM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:06:47 -0500
Bob,

We are currently backing up through a firewall. The port number for the
backup has to be opened and you need to put other rules in place to keep
the security level you require. This is definitely something we left to
our network and security experts, but I can tell you it works.

Thank You,

Stefan Dusedau
infoWorks
A Viacom technology service