ADSM-L

Re: Backing up a server through a firewall

1999-01-22 10:03:56
Subject: Re: Backing up a server through a firewall
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:03:56 -0600
Not really.  ADSM talks over port 1580, you would have to allow traffic
through the firewall for this port.  Then you would have to monitor it in
order to make sure the no one else is using it.  A lot of work, with little
return.  We had the choice to backup to tape on all server outside the
firewall.

Anthony Jones
ADSM Administrator
Koch Industries, Inc.