ADSM-L

Re: "Unable to access the network path" on 95

1999-01-18 10:58:27
Subject: Re: "Unable to access the network path" on 95
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:58:27 -0500
There was a similar bug in the Archive function for the V3.1.0.1 client -
problem was that the GUI was constructing the filespace name incorrectly and
passing a name to the server with an extra "\", which made it look like a
UNC name, which in that case it should not have been.

Anyway, sounds like a similar problem; what version of the client are you
running?  Are you on PTF 5 or 6, so that your filespace names have been
converted to UNC names?

My suggestion would be to upgrade to the current version (3.1.0.6);
and/or
go to the command line and do a Q FILESPACE to see what ADSM is calling your
C: drive;
then try a backup from the command line.

If you still have a problem, then maybe it's a memory limitation or a file
system problem;
but if you get different results from the GUI and the command line, you
should probably report it as a bug.

Good luck!
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert