ADSM-L

Re: Number of database volumes.

1999-01-18 09:55:12
Subject: Re: Number of database volumes.
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:55:12 -0600
     The thing I've found to be the most beneficial is to just ensure you
     have a single file on a single device (be it for db, log, or stg).  If
     that device is a 4.5GB drive make the file as large as you can (about
     4.0-4.2 GB)  If the device is 9GB make the file 9GB, if it is 2GB make
     it 2GB...
     ADSM seems to balance its work across defined volumes. What I've seen
     in the past is...Ex. if you have two physical devices holding three
     adsm volumes, one with a single adsm volume on it and the other with
     two adsm volumes on it, you will see one of those devices get 1/3 the
     work and the other device get 2/3 the work... each logical adsm volume
     will get equal work.
     later,
           Dwight