ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on Solaris 7?

1999-01-08 04:48:37
Subject: Re: ADSM on Solaris 7?
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:48:37 +0000
Ed,

the HSM component of the ADSM client gets
installed only if it is selected for installation,
and VxFS is installed on the Solaris machine.
This is checked by the command
"/usr/sbin/modinfo | grep vxfs".  In addition,
the VxFS version needs to be 3.2.4 or 3.2.5.

I don't understand what you mean by "the result
was the complete removal of all packages from the
system."  Did this happen during the course of the
ADSM client installation?  Some more details would
be helpful.

>Date:    Thu, 7 Jan 1999 06:46:32 -0700
>From:    Ed Janowiak <Janowiak AT ENVISIONET DOT NET>
>Subject: Re: ADSM on Solaris 7?
>
>We had some trouble with the ADSM client on a Solaris 2.6 server.
>
>I am not the sysadmin of the Unix server. We are not using the Veritas
>file system. However, the sysadmin installed the package for the Veritas
>file system along with the client and API's. I believe this was
>IBMadsm-h, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the result was the complete removal
>of all packages from the system.
>
>Has this ever happened to anyone? Why did this happen?
>
>-Ed

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Christian Bolik
IBM SM IT Software Development ADSM, Mainz