ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on Solaris 7?

1999-01-07 03:19:53
Subject: Re: ADSM on Solaris 7?
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:19:53 +1300
> Has anyone tried ADSM on Solaris 7? Would this work?

Seems to work fine on my Solaris 7 systems.

So far only on a sun4m architecture (SPARCstation 5).  I do not have a
UltraSPARC machine I can test it on yet to see if it will run on a 64
bit kernel.

No obvious reasons why the ADSM backup client will not work.  The HSM
client probably won't as part of it runs in the kernel.

The IBMadsm-c package will not install on a Solaris 7 system unless
you hit it.

 - use pkgtrans to extract the files to a directory tree.
 - Find and edit the script that checks this is Solaris 2.6.
 - Edit the pkgmap file to reflect the new checksum and size
 - You should then be able to use pkgadd to install the client

Russell