ADSM-L

New Wiin32 Client 3.1.0.6

1998-12-10 07:01:02
Subject: New Wiin32 Client 3.1.0.6
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:01:02 +0100
Hi,
I've installed the new client. The following experiences might be
interesting.
1. The readme mentions an option in the setup for uninstalling the old
version. I may have missed it, but it seems to me it isn't there.
2. Menu options help -->  View Books gives "File not found". Reading
the manuals from the program start menu works
3. At least the pdf version of the manual is obsolet. It has extension
-01, whereas in the web there is a new version with the extension -02.
4. Edit --> Preferences --> general --> select online book reader:
4. Edit --> Preferences --> general --> select online book reader:
I tried to select netscape.exe as online book reader via the select
button. The field for typing the name is unusable. The select button
gives a window which allows to select a file. I selected netscape.exe.
Unfortunatly, there are only 2 buttons on this window: save and cancel.
When I use save, I get a warning that netscape.exe already exists and
asks me whether I want to overwrite it. What's the purpose of this
dialog?
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany