ADSM-L

ADSM NT Disaster Restore Testing

1998-11-09 04:31:26
Subject: ADSM NT Disaster Restore Testing
From: Alex Fagioli <alex AT EDGETEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:31:26 +0200
Hi all

Over the week-end my client and I did disaster recovery
testing................we recovered the server and decided to use the
copy pool tapes. We marked all the primary tapes as destroyed and the
checked in all the copy tapes. I then iniated a restore of both drives
on the machine the primary disk being 1GB and the second disk 34GB.
There were two major issues the frist being that, a message came up
saying preparing and this took about 90mins. However the machine did at
no time start the restore and at the end of 90mins it said that 24 files
were unavaiable for restore. The problem is that these file were merely
Word and Excel documents and were not really that important but they
caused my entire restore to fail. I could restore seperate directories
and all of the files system. My questions are - can I tell the restore
to carry on withh the rest of the files without the restore failing and
whhy would the ADSM database allow me to select those files if they were
not available???????

Thanks

Yours Sincerely

Alex Fagioli