ADSM-L

Re: ESSBASE Backups - how are you doing it ???

1998-11-06 09:30:38
Subject: Re: ESSBASE Backups - how are you doing it ???
From: Bob Gleason <Bob_Gleason AT IDG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:30:38 -0500
---------------------- Forwarded by Bob Gleason/IDGCORP/IDG on 11/06/98
08:27 AM ---------------------------

Jeff Heather
11/06/98 09:29 AM

To:   Bob Gleason/IDGCORP/IDG@IDG
cc:

Subject:  Re: ESSBASE Backups - how are you doing it ???  (Document link
      not converted)

Dominic,

We are currently using a program called Automate (NT Batch file scheduler)
to shutdown and restart our Essbase databases at night.  It is a perfectly
workable, but rather ungraceful, way of backing up Essbase.  However, I
would LOVE (and so would our Essbase users) the ability to do hot Essbase
backups.  I will speak with our Essbase DBA to see if he can think of any
specifics he would like to see in your API client.

PLEASE keep me informed of the status of this project.

Thank you.

Jeff Heather
International Data Group

Bob Gleason